The Resource The Shenandoah National Park area and the American Civil War, Mark C. Collier, (map)
- The Shenandoah National Park area and the American Civil War, Mark C. Collier, (map)
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- Alternative title: The Shenandoah National Park area during the Civil War
- The front side of the map includes information on current terrain (I 81 and state routes) as well as information about Civil War confrontations. The back of the map contains more detailed inserts for specific actions
- Two text sheets include: a summary paragraph about major engagements; a list of combat that took place near the Park; information about mountain gaps (Manassas Gap, Chester Gap, Thornton Gap, Fisher's Gap, Swift Run Gap, Brown's Gap, and Rockfish Gap); a list of troop movements through the Park gaps (for division-size units and larger); military trivia related to the Park; and other notes about the Park
- "Although no major battle was fought in the Park, the passes that cut through it were the scene of much activity . . . . The area now known as the Park served primarily as the western flank for military operations in the eastern theater of the Civil War. The mountain range also served as a screen for Confederate invasion."
- Special Collections
- Scale approx. 1:300,000 or 1 in. = 4 1/2 miles.
- Control code
- map sheet 35 x 22 cm., folded to 12 x 22 cm.
- 1 map with 2 sheets of text
- Other physical details
ContextContext of The Shenandoah National Park area and the American Civil War, Mark C. Collier, (map)
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The Shenandoah National Park area and the American Civil War, Mark C. Collier, (map)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/uU1ueeSr93g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/uU1ueeSr93g/">The Shenandoah National Park area and the American Civil War, Mark C. Collier, (map)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.