The Resource Engagement at Waynesborough, Va., March 2d, 1865, Mark C. Collier, (map)
- Engagement at Waynesborough, Va., March 2d, 1865, Mark C. Collier, (map)
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- Includes introductory text and federal and Confederate accounts of the battle by BG Custer, USA, Commander, 3d Cavalry Div. and Jedediah Hotchkiss, topographical engineer for the Confederate Valley Army, respectively
- "This map-pamphlet . . . was designed to serve as a supplement and bookmark to texts about the battle and also as a compact map to carry around while walking the battlefield. The map is based on Major Gillespie's 1873 map of the battlefied. Current terrain representation is taken from a 1987 USGS topographic map."
- The engagement at Waynesboro was the decisive battle of the Union "expedition from Winchester to the Petersburg Front, February 27 - March 28, 1865 . . and effectively brought to a close organized resistance in the [Shenandoah] Valley." It was fought by Union forces led by Gen. Custer against Gen. Early
- Special Collections
- Scale indeterminable.
- Control code
- 22 cm.
- 1 atlas ( p.)
- Other physical details
- col. map
ContextContext of Engagement at Waynesborough, Va., March 2d, 1865, Mark C. Collier, (map)
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Engagement at Waynesborough, Va., March 2d, 1865, Mark C. Collier, (map)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/rxuNatfKnKI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/rxuNatfKnKI/">Engagement at Waynesborough, Va., March 2d, 1865, Mark C. Collier, (map)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.