The Resource Engagement near McDowell, Va., May 8th, 1862, Mark C. Collier
- Engagement near McDowell, Va., May 8th, 1862, Mark C. Collier
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- "This map set is designed to supplement reading material and to be taken to the field. It consists of three parts: an outline of the battle including a glossary and a list of references, the maps and overlay, and an operations matrix [for both Union and Confederate units]."
- Various phases of the engagement are represented using different map sheets depicting the terrain the way it was in 1862. The overlay map depicts current twentieth century surroundings (ex: US route 250 and other routes including a Methodist church, the VFD, etc.)
- The engagement near McDowell employed approx. 10,000 soldiers total and involved forces under the command of Gen. Stonewall Jackson (Confederate) and Gens. Milroy and Schenck (Union). This engagement has been variously defined as either a prelude to or the first or second battle of Stonewall Jackson's Valley Campaign and was Jackson's first victory as a commander of an independent force
- Accompanying material
- accompanying text  sheets.
- Special Collections
- Scale 1:24,000. 1 inch = 667 yds. (approx. 3 inches to a mile)
- Control code
- 28 x 22 cm. +
- 4 maps, incl. 1 map overlay
- Other physical details
ContextContext of Engagement near McDowell, Va., May 8th, 1862, Mark C. Collier
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Engagement near McDowell, Va., May 8th, 1862, Mark C. Collier
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/lsS_sPBubZE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/lsS_sPBubZE/">Engagement near McDowell, Va., May 8th, 1862, Mark C. Collier</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.