The Resource Davis & Associates Collection, 1928-1985 (bulk 1954-1985)
- Davis & Associates Collection, 1928-1985 (bulk 1954-1985)
- Inclusive dates
- 1928-1985 (bulk 1954-1985)
- Title variation
- Davis and Associates Collection
- Architectural firms -- United States | Virginia -- Sources
- Davis and Associates (Firm)
- Architectural drawing -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Architectural drawing -- Virginia | Page County
- Architectural drawing -- Virginia | Harrisonburg
- McClintock, Clyde E, 1929-2012
- Architectural drawing -- Virginia | Augusta County
- Architectural drawing -- Virginia | Rockingham County
- Davis, D'Earcy P., Jr, 1917-1990
- Architecture -- United States | Virginia -- Sources
- This collection consists of 9,580 sheets of records from approximately 695 different projects. The materials relate to the design and construction of a number of buildings in Harrisonburg and the surrounding areas, from 1954-1985. The types of structures represented include schools, public buildings, private residences, and businesses. This collection consists of seven series: James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Rockingham County, Augusta County, Page County, Shenandoah County and Photographs
- Biographical or historical data
- Davis and Associates, AIA, was founded in 1955 in Harrisonburg, Virginia. At the time, the firm's founder, D'Earcy P. Davis Jr., was working for Nielsen Construction Company. Before Davis retired in 1985, the firm had grown to provide architectural services for over thirty counties and cities in Virginia and West Virginia. They also completed work for a number of educational institutions, including James Madison University, Bridgewater College, Eastern Mennonite University, and Blue Ridge Community College.
- Clyde E. McClintock took over the firm in 1985, and remained as its head until 2003, when he also retired.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Davis & Associates Collection, 1928-1985 (bulk 1954-1985)
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Davis & Associates Collection, 1928-1985 (bulk 1954-1985)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/hwFVOg3UsVM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/hwFVOg3UsVM/">Davis & Associates Collection, 1928-1985 (bulk 1954-1985)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.