The Resource Margaret Grattan Weaver Collection
- Margaret Grattan Weaver Collection
- Also known as the Weaver collection; Gabriel Jones land patent; Gabriel Jones land deed; Jones land patent; Jones land deed
- Series I: John E. Roller Papers, 1779-1910; Series II: Biographical/genealogical information, 1877-1992; Series III: Civil War documents, 1857-1894; Series IV: Oversize, 1753-1780, n.d.
- Special Collections
- Control code
- Cumulative index finding aids
- See web link for Finding Aid.
- 1 Holllinger box; two oversize folders.
- Governing access note
- For use, see Special Collections librarian
- Immediate source of acquisition
- The bulk of the collection, received in February 1992, is on deposit from the Harrisonburg-Rockingham County Historical Society. A parchment land patent dated May 31, 1753 to Gabriel Jones, signed by Robt. Dinwiddie, was donated to Carrier Library by Margaret Grattan Weaver of Harrisonburg in October 1986. It was issued by the Virginia (Colonial) Land Office to Gabriel Jones for 644 acres "on the north side of Shannando," in Augusta County (now near Port Republic in Rockingham County). It was signed by Rob(er)t Dinwiddie, Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.
ContextContext of Margaret Grattan Weaver Collection
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Margaret Grattan Weaver Collection
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/bo1nBhI6vs8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/bo1nBhI6vs8/">Margaret Grattan Weaver Collection</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.