The Resource Emily Lee papers, 1943-2001
- Emily Lee papers, 1943-2001
- Inclusive dates
- This collection documents Emily Lee's work with James Madison University's Alumni Association and the Board of Visitors. Much of her correspondence includes letters to her fellow alumnae from the class of 1943. Her awards, appointments and accompanying news clippings are included as are booklets compiled for alumni reunion weekends and homecomings. Of special interest is the history of the university's processional mace, a gift of the Class of 1943, presented to the University on Founder's Day, 1979. Photograph include snapshots from the 1943 graduation ceremony, Class of '43 reunions from 1995 through 2001 and other commemorative events
- The collection includes James Madison University related correspondence, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, interview, and reunion booklets
- Biographical or historical data
- Emily Lewis Lee (Mrs. Luther Lee) was a 1943 Home Economics graduate. She was appointed to serve on Madison College's Board of Visitors in 1980-1983 where she chaired the Education and Student Life Committee and the Alumni Relations Committee. She also served as Secretary for the Alumni Association's Board of Directors receiving the "Distinguished Alumni Service Award" in 1981. Mrs. Lee was her class' "fund agent" in the late 1970s and is largely responsible for procuring funding for the University's processional mace.
- Cataloging source
- Series statement
- JMU Alum papers.
ContextContext of Emily Lee papers, 1943-2001
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Emily Lee papers, 1943-2001
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/ao3s8GYmxWs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/ao3s8GYmxWs/">Emily Lee papers, 1943-2001</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.