The Resource Battle of Port Republic, June 9, 1862, Mark C. Collier
- Battle of Port Republic, June 9, 1862, Mark C. Collier
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- "This packet is designed to supplement reading material and to be taken to the field. It consists of three parts: an outline of the battle including a glossary and a list of references, the maps and overlay, and an operations matrix [for both Union and Confederate units]."
- Various phases of the battle are represented using different map sheets depicting the terrain the way it was in 1862. The overlay map depicts current twentieth century surroundings (ex: state routes and businesses)
- The battle of Port Republic, Virginia fielded some 9,500 forces total between Brig. Gen. Tyler (Union) and Gen. Stonewall Jackson (Confederate). It was the last battle of Jackson's Shenandoah Valley Campaign
- Accompanying material
- accompanying text  sheets.
- Special Collections
- Scale 1:24,000. 1 inch = 585 yds. (less than 1/3 mile)
- Control code
- 28 x 22 cm. +
- 4 maps, incl. 1 map overlay
- Other physical details
ContextContext of Battle of Port Republic, June 9, 1862, Mark C. Collier
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Battle of Port Republic, June 9, 1862, Mark C. Collier
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/_S5AbbqdfyQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/_S5AbbqdfyQ/">Battle of Port Republic, June 9, 1862, Mark C. Collier</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.