The Resource Engagement near Toms Brook, October 9, 1864, Mark C. Collier
- Engagement near Toms Brook, October 9, 1864, Mark C. Collier
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- "This packet is designed to supplement reading material and to be taken to the field. It consists of two parts: the maps with overlay, and an operations matrix [for both Union and Confederate units]."
- Various phases of the battle are represented using different map sheets depicting "the terrain the way it was in 1861 [sic 1864]." The overlay map depicts current twentieth century surroundings (ex: I. 81 and other sites.)
- The engagement near Toms Brook between forces of Gen. Sheridan (Union) and Gen Early (Confederate), during implementation of Sheridan's scorched earth policy. "Also called 'The Woodstock Races,' it was the most decisive cavalry operation in the Shenandoah Valley
- Accompanying material
- accompanying text  sheets.
- Special Collections
- Scale 1:25,000. 1 inch = approx. 700 yds.
- Control code
- 28 x 22 cm. +
- 2 maps, incl. 1 map overlay
- Other physical details
ContextContext of Engagement near Toms Brook, October 9, 1864, Mark C. Collier
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Engagement near Toms Brook, October 9, 1864, Mark C. Collier
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/YR55iSrsauo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/YR55iSrsauo/">Engagement near Toms Brook, October 9, 1864, Mark C. Collier</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.