The Resource Ralph Cohen ephemera collection, 1934-1996, bulk 1960-1990
- Ralph Cohen ephemera collection, 1934-1996, bulk 1960-1990
- The Ralph Cohen Ephemera Collection, 1934-1996, consists of .63 linear feet and constitutes an assortment of reprints of articles by various authors that are embellished with an inscription to Cohen from the author. Also included is a rare copy of a speech Cohen gave at the University of Utah in 1961 as well as the original manuscript for his "The unfolding of 'The Seasons.' A study of James Thomson's poem." The collection is organized into two series: Autographed Materials and the Work of Ralph Cohen
- Biographical or historical data
- Dr. Ralph Cohen is considered a leading authority on literary theory, and has been teaching philosophy and literature courses at universities around the world for most of his life. Dr. Cohen received his B.A. from the City College of New York in 1937, his M.A. from Columbia University in 1946, and his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1952. After teaching at UCLA for sixteen years, Dr. Cohen traveled the world teaching courses in places such as China, Australia, Europe, and Israel. After joining the Department of English faculty at the University of Virginia in 1967, he founded the academic journal New Literary History, which became crucial in the transformation of American literary criticism. He worked as the editor for New Literary History from 1969-2008.
- During the 2010-2011 school year, Dr. Cohen taught a course on critical procedures as James Madison University's very first Provost Distinguished Professor.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Ralph Cohen ephemera collection, 1934-1996, bulk 1960-1990
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ralph Cohen ephemera collection, 1934-1996, bulk 1960-1990
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/TsxJGTGCZjs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/TsxJGTGCZjs/">Ralph Cohen ephemera collection, 1934-1996, bulk 1960-1990</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.