The Resource Morrison, Lonnie Leotus collection, 1946-2011
- Morrison, Lonnie Leotus collection, 1946-2011
- Inclusive dates
- Title variation
- Lonnie Leotus Morrison collection
- Lonnie Morrison collection
- Lee Morrison collection
- The Lee Morrison papers, 1946-2011, consist of 2 linear feet of material. The materials presented in this collection are the personal papers of Dr. Lee Morrison. These files contain materials from conferences, speeches, diplomas and awards, photos, reports on women's issues in sports and education, and personal reflections
- Biographical or historical data
- Dr. Lonnie "Lee" Leotus Morrison was a professor, coach, and administrator at Madison College starting in 1954 until she retired in 1989. She graduated from Georgia State College for Women in 1948 with a B.S. in Education. She then went on to get her M.A. from George Peabody College for Teachers in 1951. She received her doctorate at Indiana University in 1964. In 1967, she became the Coordinator of Women's Sports for Madison College. From 1972-1989 she served as the Associate Director of Athletics for James Madison University.
- Dr. Morrison dedicated her professional career to promoting equality in collegiate sports. She was a member of the Virginia Association for Girls and Women in Sport, and a founding board member of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW), for which she later served as president. She worked on numerous committees at the state, regional, and national level for the National Association for Girls and Women in Sport. Throughout her career she won many awards for her dedication. After retirement, she helped establish the Morrison-Bruce Center for The Promotion of Physical Activity for Girls and Women on the JMU campus.
- Cataloging source
- Series statement
- JMU Faculty papers
ContextContext of Morrison, Lonnie Leotus collection, 1946-2011
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Morrison, Lonnie Leotus collection, 1946-2011
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/SoPjFwOKMlQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/SoPjFwOKMlQ/">Morrison, Lonnie Leotus collection, 1946-2011</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.