The Resource Peyton Dagg's Ledger, 1871-1896
- Peyton Dagg's Ledger, 1871-1896
- Inclusive dates
- Series 1, Ledger, 1871- 1896 -- Series 2, Extracted materials
- The Peyton Dagg ledger is noted to have officially started in 1873, however, it includes his transactions spanning from 1871-1896. This ledger is not arranged chronologically, rather accounts are listed randomly. There is no recognizable pattern among account dates. It is important to note that the ledger focuses more on the business aspects in the beginning and the personal notes amass near the end. This is a ledger with several inserts of newspaper clippings and scrap papers. The newspaper clippings and inserts include different medical cures, a war poem, some scraps, a handwritten note, and an envelope addressed to Dagg. Some pages have either been partially cut or completely removed. This collection has been arranged into two series
- Biographical or historical data
- S. Peyton Dagg lived and worked as a tailor in Cross Keys, Virginia. According to census records, he was born in 1820 and died at an unknown date. His ledger documents his business transactions from the years 1871- 1896. He keeps records of the money that his patrons owed to him and money that he owed to other people. Dagg keeps personal account records for specific customers, most of whom lived near to each other, around the community of Cross Keys.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of Peyton Dagg's Ledger, 1871-1896
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Peyton Dagg's Ledger, 1871-1896
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/RQzb1WXs_Gk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/RQzb1WXs_Gk/">Peyton Dagg's Ledger, 1871-1896</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.