The Resource John J. Forrer papers, 1921, 1939
- John J. Forrer papers, 1921, 1939
- Inclusive dates
- 1921, 1939
- Title variation
- Forrer papers
- Indian trails -- Virginia -- History
- Roads -- Virginia -- History
- Spotswood's Road
- Bridges -- Virginia -- History
- Wilderness Road
- Coaching (Transportation) -- Virginia
- Transportation -- Virginia -- History
- Braddock's Road
- Roads -- Virginia -- Maintenance and repair
- Post roads -- Virginia -- History
- Virginia -- Description and travel | History
- Warm Springs (Va.) Road
- Great Road (Shenandoah River Valley, Va. and W. Va.)
- Contains various notes about Virginia roads and two versions of a manuscript entitled "Maintenance of colonial roads in Virginia, by John J. Forrer, Maintenance Engineer, Virginia Department of Highways." The first version is dated Sept. 8, 1939 (30 pages); the second is dated Sept. 28, 1939 (13 pages). There is also a related paper entitled "Roads in colonial Virginia" (12 pages). Original notes include a partially annotated bibliography compiled by the chief bibliographer at the Library of Congress dated Jan. 19, 1921 on a "List of references on the old post roads and stage coach roads of Virginia."
- Biographical or historical data
- John J. Forrer was a Virginia state roads maintenance engineer.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of John J. Forrer papers, 1921, 1939
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work John J. Forrer papers, 1921, 1939
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/PZJA0r5RXGs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/PZJA0r5RXGs/">John J. Forrer papers, 1921, 1939</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.