The Resource Engagement at Piedmont, Va., June 5th, 1864, Mark C. Collier, (map)
- Engagement at Piedmont, Va., June 5th, 1864, Mark C. Collier, (map)
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- "This map-packet [pamphlet] is designed to supplement reading material about the battle and to be taken to the battlefield." The overlays include information about current terrain (ex.: state routes, buildings)
- Text includes information on: the battle situation; terrain; short reports by commanding generals (Maj. Gen. David Hunter, USA and Brig. Gen. John C. Vaughn, CSA); tactical summary; an operations matrix (chart listing unit commanders, names of units; and map summaries; a glossary of military terms; and an aftermath summary
- "The forces under Major-General Hunter [USA] met the rebels under General W.E. Jones at Piedmont, defeating them, killing their commander, and capturing about 1,500 prisoners." -- The Official Records of the Rebellion
- Special Collections
- Scale for both maps: 1:24,000 or 1 in. = 585 yds. (less than 1/3 mile)
- Control code
- 22 cm.
-  p., incl. 2 maps, each with an overlay sheet
- Other physical details
ContextContext of Engagement at Piedmont, Va., June 5th, 1864, Mark C. Collier, (map)
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Engagement at Piedmont, Va., June 5th, 1864, Mark C. Collier, (map)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/3XgO7ZGvcdQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/3XgO7ZGvcdQ/">Engagement at Piedmont, Va., June 5th, 1864, Mark C. Collier, (map)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.