The Resource Battle of Cross Keys, June 8, 1862, Mark C. Collier
- Battle of Cross Keys, June 8, 1862, Mark C. Collier
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark C. Collier
- "This packet is designed to supplement reading material and to be taken to the field. It consists of three parts: an outline of the battle including a glossary and a list of references, the maps and overlay, and an operations matrix [for both Union and Confederate units]."
- Various phases of the battle are represented using different map sheets depicting the terrain the way it was in 1862. The overlay map depicts current twentieth century surroundings (ex: state routes and businesses)
- The battle of Cross Keys engaged under 20,000 soldiers total, with approx. 3,000 casualties. It involved forces under the command of Gen. Stonewall Jackson (Confederate) and Gen. Fremont (Union). This engagement has been defined as the fifth of six combats comprising Jackson's Valley Campaign and was considered a victory due to Fremont's withdrawal from the battlefield
- Accompanying material
- accompanying text  sheets.
- Special Collections
- Scale 1:25,000. 2 1/2 inches = one mile.
- Control code
- 28 x 22 cm. +
- 3 maps, incl. 1 map overlay
- Other physical details
ContextContext of Battle of Cross Keys, June 8, 1862, Mark C. Collier
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Battle of Cross Keys, June 8, 1862, Mark C. Collier
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/0KEPhI81BYk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/resource/0KEPhI81BYk/">Battle of Cross Keys, June 8, 1862, Mark C. Collier</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.jmu.edu/">James Madison University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by James Madison University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.